Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Summary of My 2007



The year 2007 has been such a fantastic year for me as a tribute artist and a performer. My performance as Tina Turner in the new groundbreaking musical concert of her life, “TINA A Rock ‘n Roll Journey”, has received rave reviews and numerous standing ovations. This ambitious project made me realized that everything is possible if you are extremely dedicated to being an artist first and then help other fellow artists like my band and my dancers to fulfill their own passion. We have successfully toured all over British Columbia, Canada this year. Not only that we had so much fun on the road, we also became special friends. The show became so strong as we have one common goal.... to rock on every performance. I am so happy that audiences from all walks of life, Tina and non-Tina fans flocked the theater and enjoyed every minute of it. The thunderous applause and standing ovations are unbelievable.

This musical theater show has helped me grow to a higher level that I've never even imagine. Two years of careful planning includes conceptualizing the show by my director, Leandro Mendez, choice of songs, musical arrangements, choreography, auditioning the right people (dancers, musicians, videographers, musical arrangers, graphic designers, consultants), the never-ending rehearsals, wicked costume designs, and effective advertising. There were details to consider and strict guidelines to follow. Lots of patience and resourcefulness are a big must. Tons of energy and determination is needed. I am proud to say that I have matured more and grew into an artist who only allows perfection and professional talented people into my tribute life. All the hard work puts the show on a pedestal… there will be tour dates in Amsterdam (Netherlands), Australia, New Zealand, U.S. and Alberta(Canada)soon.

It was indeed quite an interesting, wonderful but painful journey for me this year. While I was busy being a mom to my 2 daughters and a tribute artist, my mother passed away last August. She’s finally resting peacesully after a long gruesome 7 years of pain and suffering. The years I looked after my mom made me a stronger person. At times I was feeling torn and defeated. Every time I looked at her fragile body, I realized I was selfish to keep her alive. It was difficult for me to accept her deteriorating health and finally made the painful decision to let her go. I was stressed out, cranky, and losing focus. I fought hard that my professional career and my family relationship remained strong. I moved on. I am lucky to have a loving understanding family and caring thoughtful friends.

To my mother dear, you have been my inspiration ever since I started singing many years ago. You were my no. 1 supporter. I thanked you for being there for me all those years that I've been travelling. You endlessly looked after my little girls while I was gone. I sincerely pay tribute to your great efforts into making my life easier so I can make a decent living out of my passion as a singer/performer. You have continuously encouraged me to try a lot of different things. I am grateful for all your constructive criticisms as I learned more by listening first and then doing it right with the best of my ability. I will always remember our wonderful good old days together. How much we ate and laughed!!!! How much we slayed bad singers and all!!!! I miss you so much especially during my home shows. I am just so happy everytime you're in the audience watching me. This will be my first X'mas without you. But I know you are in a much better place. You are happy and peaceful. And you are watching all over us guiding us to the right path. You've given me hope and inspiration. And I know that you're very proud of me and all my brothers and sisters. I love you, mother dear, forever.

The support I get on the TINA musical project is so overwhelming. I wouldn’t have asked for anything more! I learned that with passion and love and careful determination anything is possible… surround yourself with good and sincere hardworking people. I am mighty proud of the TINA cast and crew. What a year I had!!!! It has been quite an enormous undertaking… wherever this will take me I will do my best!

MAY THIS NEW YEAR 2008 BRINGS MORE JOY AND HAPPINESS TO EVERYONE!!!!!

2007 Highlights
* The BC Tour of "TINA" A Rock 'n Roll Journey
* Merritt Mountain Music Festival showcase "TINA" A Rock 'n Roll Journey
* Big Sisters Fundraising Event honoring me at the Pan Pacific Ballroom
* First Nations Awards Night in Regina
* A special appearance at the Greater Seattle Business Association ( With Pride )
in Seattle, Washington
* NOKIA's "Simply The Best" X'mas Party
* Nass Valley's New Aiyansh New Year's Eve Bash
* New York's socialite Tracy Shopkorn sent an expensive present

No comments: